To keep you in touch with the functions of FHC we produce a quarterly newsletter highlighting our efforts and achievements throughout the year. These are PDF files and you can download these by clicking on the links below the images.
Annual reports summarise the financial health of the charity and highlight the people behind the charity and their functions. FHC is administered by volunteers, except for essential financial services as required by law.
To view the minutes from past meetings, visit here
• Sita Maya Tamang • Biplane Tamang • Thank you Adelaide – Tania’s film a sell out! • Our first post-covid fundraiser – a huge success! • FHC’s new president in Nepal – Anil Tamang • Welcome to our hostel Sabina and Ashok • COMMUNITY SUPPORT • Some letters from our Hostel students to you • FHC is proud to be able to give disadvantaged students a chance to finish their high school – many are girls •
• Gift to FHC in your Will? • The award-winning documentary ‘Women Take on Nepal’ coming to you soon • Paul Harris Fellowship Award to Som Tamang • Your donated goods arriving in Nepal • Catching up with Tania Verbeeck • All hands on deck •
• Gift to FHC in your Will? • “It’s been 7 years since a girl has been taken from Batase” celebrates Som • Batase School invited to a prestigious Learning Fair • Benefits from the cultural tour • Happy Sonam Looser (Tibetan New Year) • Bir Bahadur Tamang school captain • our champion volley-ball team • Thank you to our hostel cooks • Our newsletter is a hit with the kids • Batase School secure electricity via solar panels • Community support – charity tins •
• Year 9 and 10 Cultural Exchange Tour • “Don’t litter” has to be taught • School Progress, thanks to Ubuntu Foundation and Innocents Relief • Community Support: CFC hauls $31,146.46 • Our Scholarship students • School success for our Year 10s • Tihar Festival Celebrations •
• Tenzin Tamang • Vale Jenny Pyne • Thinking of travelling to Nepal? • Congratulations to Year 10 students • National Paddy Day • New arrivals to FHC hostel • Community Support: Tanya and Ken • Progress on new school facilities •
• International Women’s Day • New animal shelter • New computers & new teacher • Batase School 7 years on from the 2015 earthquake • Nepal education system explained • Community support • Nepal open to tourists •
• Women’s trek to ECB • New classrooms • Congratulations Christina • Covid vaccines for the children • Som Tamang’s life story by Kirsty Nancarrow • Community support • Personal views – Bijay Tamang • Nepal open to tourists •
• Christmas message from Som and Susan • Tania wins • Innocents Relief – a new partner • Thank you Nick for your hard work • Batase School – as resilient as the community • Sunita Tamang is off to Kathmandu • FHC and Innocents Relief • Extract from BBC news • Your support providing choices for men and women •
• Jamuna Tamang • COVID hygiene • Melamchi flood • Sujan Tamang, FHC manager and school president • Hostel kids excelling • All hands on deck… • An award-winning documentary by Tania Verbeeck • Rotary grant of $10,000 for computers and more • $2,000 for the Batase School, thanks to Gyanmaya •
• Anita • Jonathan & $604.80 • A letter from a FHC child sponsor • Your support changing lives in Nepal • Local businesses giving support • Salomon shoe sell off • Pure inspiration – Marie-Pier & Adriana • Sujan and the $50,000 grant •
• The Banana House (Kay Smith) • Trekking in Nepal with teenage grandchildren (Kay Smith) • FHC Annual Report • Jonathan reports from Batase (Jonathan Clayton) •
• FHC Sponsorship explained (Mary Frances) • My time in Batase village with my foster child, Rimmaya (Brian Duncan) • Jitman needs help • Nijita’s progress (Steve Johnson) • Cardistry was here (Brian Duncan) •
© Friends of Himalayan Children 2023