To keep everyone in touch with the functions of FHC we produce a quarterly newsletter highlighting our efforts and achievements throughout the year. These are PDF files and you can download these by clicking on the links below the images.
Annual reports summarise the financial health of the charity and highlight the people behind the charity and their functions. FHC is administered by volunteers, except for essential financial services as required by law.
• Women’s trek to ECB • New classrooms • Congratulations Christina • Covid vaccines for the children • Som Tamang’s life story by Kirsty Nancarrow • Community support • Personal views – Bijay Tamang • Nepal open to tourists •
• Christmas message from Som and Susan • Tania wins • Innocents Relief – a new partner • Thank you Nick for your hard work • Batase School – as resilient as the community • Sunita Tamang is off to Kathmandu • FHC and Innocents Relief • Extract from BBC news • Your support providing choices for men and women •
• Jamuna Tamang • COVID hygiene • Melamchi flood • Sujan Tamang, FHC manager and school president • Hostel kids excelling • All hands on deck… • An award-winning documentary by Tania Verbeeck • Rotary grant of $10,000 for computers and more • $2,000 for the Batase School, thanks to Gyanmaya •
• Anita • Jonathan & $604.80 • A letter from a FHC child sponsor • Your support changing lives in Nepal • Local businesses giving support • Salomon shoe sell off • Pure inspiration – Marie-Pier & Adriana • Sujan and the $50,000 grant •
• The Banana House (Kay Smith) • Trekking in Nepal with teenage grandchildren (Kay Smith) • FHC Annual Report • Jonathan reports from Batase (Jonathan Clayton) •
• FHC Sponsorship explained (Mary Frances) • My time in Batase village with my foster child, Rimmaya (Brian Duncan) • Jitman needs help • Nijita’s progress (Steve Johnson) • Cardistry was here (Brian Duncan) •
© Friends of Himalayan Children 2022